May 21, 2009

Swedish Company Announces New Eurospy DVD

Magnus from Fin de Siecle has posted on his blog, DVD Sleuth, and on the Eurospy Forum that the Swedish company behind this year's excellent releases Secret Agent Fireball and Fury In Marrakesh has acquired the rights to put out the final film in the "Bob Fleming" Eurospy trilogy: Killers Are Challenged (1966). Killers Are Challenged reunites Secret Agent Fireball writer and star Ernesto Gastaldi and Richard Harrison under the direction of Lightning Bolt's Antonio Margheriti. According to The Eurospy Guide, it's a particularly good one. They did such a good job with the other two Bob Fleming movies (and with Flashman) that I can't wait to see how they handle Killers Are Challenged! The only down side is that we all have to wait... until February or March 2010. Oh well; I'm sure it will be worth it!

3 comments:

Delmo said...

Quite a while to wait. Reminds me of when WB announced that they would be releasing the Monogram Charlie Chan films in a set in 2010.

Tanner said...

WB also said they'd be releasing all the Tarzans this year... and now it turns out they meant as Warner Archives titles. Now, I like the Warner Archive concept, but for rarer movies. I want all the Tarzans and all the Charlie Chans in legitimate box sets! I really hope that's what they have in store for Chan, and they weren't thinking Archives...

But as for this movie, I'm grateful to Magnus for the early announcement. I know it takes a long time to prep and release a DVD, and it was cool of them to share the info at this stage. Now we've got a long time to be excited about it... (And now we won't go wasting our money on grey market copies of that particular movie in the coming year, either!)

Delmo said...

I know this is off topic but with the Tarzans I think the way to go would be a box set for each actor. I'm only interested in the Gordon Scott & Mike Henry Tarzans, though I could be persuaded into getting the Jock Mahoney Tarzans.