Mar 4, 2011

Special Features Revealed For Covert Affairs DVD

We already heard that USA's excellent freshman spy series Covert Affairs is coming to DVD on May 17th from Universal.  Now DVD Active has the list of special features. "Extras will include feature commentaries on 3 episodes featuring stars Piper Perabo and Christopher Gorham; executive producers Doug Liman (The Bourne Identity) and David Bartis; and show creators Matt Corman and Chris Ord, deleted scenes, a gag reel, an exclusive tour of the Covert Affairs set, featurettes ("Welcome to The Farm", "Blind Insight"), and a descriptive narration of the visual elements of the series for visually impaired viewers." Sadly no commentary with technical advisor Valerie Plame Wilson or featurettes on the real CIA as a workplace like I'd hoped for, but still a good assortment of extras! I'm glad, as I loved this series.

Read my review of the Covert Affairs pilot here.

2 comments:

dfordoom said...

I'm tempted to grab a couple of these, but I still have suspicions of this whole official DVD-R business so I might just get one to start with and if it plays OK get some more later.

Duffy definitely sounds intriguing.

Tanner said...

I assume this comment actually belongs with another post, but I think you're going to have to bite the bullet and do exactly that one of these days. It looks like MOD is the wave of the future, for better or for worse, so you should probably experiment and see if it works for you. I've had no problem playing them on any of my DVD or Blu-ray players, including all-region players. (Though I haven't actually tried any for foreign regions.) I have had trouble with some of them on my computer.