Jun 21, 2012

Taken 2 Trailer

We just saw the first poster; now Yahoo! has the first international trailer for Taken 2! It looks like Luc Besson and his team (including returning co-writer Robert Mark Kamen and new director Olivier Megaton) are sticking closely to a formula that proved successful the first time around: the cheesy daughter dialogue before the action kicks in ("Isn't Dad the best dad?"), the phone call where Liam Neeson's ex-CIA agent Bryan Mills gives his daughter very precise instructions... and then Mills doing "what I do best" (as he puts it here) and kicking a whole lot of ass. Works for me! (In fact, just about any movie with a chase across Istanbul rooftops works for me. I'm there!) Taken 2 opens October 4.


Read my review of Taken (2009) here.

1 comment:

Elliot James said...

Any movie with Serbedzija is worth seeing. The problem with follow-ups like this that hint at a franchise is that you know there's going to be a happy ending.